Sunday, May 27, 2007
PERSONAL LIFE INVASION: MEMORIAL DAY
It's nice to have a holiday. And it's only Sunday night. But, I've been fighting a virus on my compy all day, and finally got it pegged without having to do a format C. Woot! Still, I haven't yet been called into the office, so tomorrow looks like a day to be lazy, read, write and catch up on things. Got some blog-related bullets:
- The Mailbox used to be the subject of a humor column in the Nixa News-Enterprise. "The Mailbox" character would browse through all the weirdness in e-mails, faxes and such and spit out a column every week. Basically, it was a locally-generated humor column to complement the paper's entertainment section. When the paper ended that, the Mailbox continued its shtick on this here blog.
- Yeah, it's been a while since the Mailbox has written. The Mailbox is realizing that it's kinda weird, not-very-funny-anymore and complicates comprehension. So, it will fade into the background for a while. It might rear its snarky mouth every once in a while, but for the most part, it's going into hibernation.
- That means I'll be posting more in this blog as me, Joe Hadsall. Though the Mailbox was never intended to be a pseudonym, it just doesn't look right without a regular humor column behind it.
- So, what the hey do I have to say? Well, plenty. The name will remain the same, but this blog's focus will shift a tad. I'll still update you on my fiction, prog-rock bands, books, tech-weirdness and other such geeky things. I imagine I'll do my share of navel-gazing and write about journalism and newspapers. I'll also stop offering commentary on the media in Christian County. My former employment makes my critiques worthless and my motives bitter and jaded. Plus, I'm not exactly there to see it anymore...
- But I'll add some focus to education issues, mostly state and national trends. Covering education for the Globe has been an incredible experience. There is so much more to the stories I cover, and I'll get the chance to expand on some of those things. Plus, I'll keep you updated on education-related trends, politics and other interesting aspects of how our children are trained for this world.
- As far as my politics, I consider myself a common-sense moderate. I'm not here to engage in stereotypes or kneejerk political blabber. Y'all don't need me to tell you how to feel.
- I have also updated the links of my fellow bloggers, including local, political and some other cool blogs. Enjoy.
- Sorry, Randy Turner. I won't be dishing any gossip about the Globe on this blog.
- The Mailbox will still pop up and voice its "Lost" gripes. Speaking of which, it has one due...
Labels: PERSONAL LIFE INVASIONS
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]